You can create your own customized clothes or accessories with a sublimation printer. Selling these customized items is certainly possible.
So, what printer do you need for sublimation? Or can you use a normal printer for sublimation?
Well, we are going to answer these questions. Plus, we will also be sharing the best sublimation printer list for 2022.
So, let’s get started, and by the end of this article, you will be all set for buying your choice of the best printer for sublimation printing.
Recommendation # 1
Recommendation # 2
- Best for Office
Recommendation # 3
- 24 ppm
Let’s learn some basics…
Note: Let’s discuss key points when you are making a choice for your personal use or business.
The printing-based decoration is not just limited to these two (heat transfer printing and sublimation printing) methods.
Difference between a heat transfer printing method and sublimation printing
Here we are mentioning heat transfer printing. We’re mainly pointing out the two-step method.
- Print a design onto a transparent sheet
- Transfer that design onto an adhesive paper with a heat press
- Remove the adhesive sheet
- Press the design with a heat press on your choice of media
- Peel away the actual paper
- You obtain a design that’s transferred onto the garment.
What kind of material is suitable for heat transfer?
Heat transfer is a suitable option if your main objective is to print on both light and dark hues. Moreover, you can use it for hard surfaces like metal/wood/aluminum.
What is sublimation printing?
- Sublimation printing almost has a similar process.
- Either use a sublimation paper or a regular copy paper
- A heat press (for design transfer mainly)
- An article like a piece of garment
Here is a tricky part, the way sublimation works, and the stages during sublimation when the printed design gets heat through a heat press.
The toner changes the state, and it goes into the state of a gas. It reaches the fabric and changes its state as soon as it starts cooling down. So, finally, it completely becomes solid.
Thus, it means this sublimation method is not adding any additional layer on the fabric surface, and you can’t tell that this print is not part of the fabric.
However, a two-step heat transfer printing will add an additional layer on top of the fabric, which is easily visible. Also have a look at, how does a sublimation printer work.
Considerations When Selecting Which Method to Opt
Presentation: No extra layer has ever been added to fabric during Sublimation printing. On the other side, the two-step method is a different story. In heat transfer printing, an additional layer (thin layer) is visible.
Durability: On one side, a heat transfer method printed design can be okay up to 30 to 40 washes. The pattern size plays a crucial role here. Plus, washing style or methodology can also play a role here.
Sublimation is a far better choice. Why? Well, here, the toner is not an alien thing. What does it mean? It means it has an embedding quality. So, the fabric/article gets an “embedded toner state.”
Thus, sublimated designs can even stay as long as the actual fabric is okay. Even after several washes and the image is not going to fade much.
Surface / Substrate: Firstly, the options are limited for sublimation printing as sublimation needs polyester presence. Even 60% polyester and 40% cotton are okay, but polyester has to be present. However, for a better vibrancy in design, 100% polyester is better.
Secondly, either white-colored substrates or very light-colored substrates. So, it means you can’t go for a black t-shirt or a dark mug as the design will not appear completely.
However, light/ dark colored articles will not face any such issue with heat transfer printing (white toner). Hence, the options are not restricted.
Moreover, you can heat transfer on cotton/ polyester/ceramic/wood/metal. So, the heat transfer method is good if you need more options for substrates.
Design vibrancy: Both methods are equally good and can provide 100% color vibrancy. So, not much difference.
So, if you have this question, is sublimation printing a good quality method?
The above differences between durability, design vibrancy, surface/ substrate, and presentation are your answer.
Now, if you need both methods so, do you need to buy 2 printers?
Well, on the market, there are printers where you just need to change toner cartridges, and you can do both methods within 1 printer. See, methods are similar, but the results are different for both methods.
Here is a Detailed Guide to the Best Sublimation Printers 2022
Here are the detailed reviews of sublimation printers so you can choose the best one for yourself.
|Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet|
|2.||Epson WorkForce WF-7720|
|3.||Epson Stylus C88+|
|4.||SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG500|
|6.||Canon Selphy CP1300|
|7.||HP OfficeJet Pro 9025|
|9.||Epson EcoTank ET-2720|
|12.||Epson EcoTank ET-15000|
|13.||Epson SureColor T3170|
1. Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet
- Image quality: High
- Print media size: 13×19 inches
- Special feature: Wireless connectivity
Usually, people consider Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet just a regular printer that can provide print photos.
However, the Epson Artisan 1430 is just amazing when it comes to the best sublimation transfer printer. It is just an amazing choice for anyone who is looking for the best inkjet printer for sublimation for printing t-shirts.
Using this Inkjet printer can be a great starting point. All you need is the right ink set and the special sublimation paper to get started with this printer.
The most noteworthy quality is the image quality that you will be receiving from this printer. You can expect smooth gradations, great, sharp, and noise-free images.
Even when your work involves printing for t-shirts like texts or styles, this printer can deliver awesome results. When it is about media size, it is 13 inches wide, and usually, this wideness is more than enough for professional t-shirt designing work most of the time.
Moreover, it comes with six hi-def ink. The quality is absolutely stunning to provide you crisp and professional designs or images.
Furthermore, this printer comes with another cool feature, and that is it does not have any wired connectivity. Thus, it offers amazing wireless connectivity capabilities.
For using Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet, you do not need a computer. You can easily opt for a smartphone/tablet to get the prints without any issue.
Well, this article is a quite popular choice among professional users, and it is for all the right reasons. Using this printer is like enjoying all the modern features and still paying just an affordable price.
Even though the price does not feel like stealing money from you, the performance is really on the next level.
Whether you are a t-shirt designer or a professional photographer, this is the printer for your printing needs.
- Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet has a Top-notch quality print
- Okay, so whether it is Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi Direct, you can use both
- You can use easily here large paper format
- Did you get an SD card? Yes, you can use it here.
- This printer is just amazing as it provides the facility of Individual ink cartridges.
- Some buyers may find this price range really expensive
- Its footprint is rather large
- The speed is good, but there are multiple options available on the market, so it may be a comparatively Slow speed machine for some.
2. Epson WorkForce WF-7720
- Trays: 3 different input trays
- Display: Large 4.3 inches touchscreen
- Automatic document feeder: 35-page
- Connectivity: Wireless and Ethernet connectivity
This second option is WorkForce WF-7720 brought to you by the Epson brand. The WF line by Epson is amazing. Very beginner-friendly equipment that can offer outstanding performance.
Still, the price range is reasonable. If you are in search of the best printer for sublimation with some excellent sublimation outcomes for t-shirt printing, go with it.
Moreover, if you are running a creative business (small scale), you know this is your best bet. Turning it into a sublimation printer is simple. You just need to replace the cartridges with ink.
Here, with this printer, you will have three different trays (input trays). The sheet capacity is 500, and you can even go for borderless printing. The dimensions can be up to 13×19 inches.
Moreover, it has an auto document feeder, and it can support up to 35 pages. Thus, the versatility factor of the unit gets more prominent.
Even better, the unit comes with an LCD touch screen of 4.3 inches. This LCD touch screen is larger than the usual screen displays in similar kinds of products.
Furthermore, here you can expect a clear and crisp image with an amazing touch response. All the functions of this best printer for sublimation paper are controllable from this panel. You can easily do all types of printing.
This Epson WorkForce WF-7720 best printer for sublimation offers a wireless connectivity feature. Even it can offer an ethernet connection.
You receive four ink cartridges and a complete set of instructions in the form of a manual. This manual is enough to guide you set up everything.
Nevertheless, you can easily utilize heat transfer ink here. Due to exceptionally great performance, the Epson WorkForce line is a fan favorite.
This printer can be great whether you have a well-established business setup or you are just starting it as a side hustle from scratch.
- Epson WorkForce WF-7720 is a Fast speed machine
- When it comes to media handling, it is just outstanding
- If you do not like really complicated setups and systems, you should go with this printer as it is really easy to utilize and navigation is simple too
- It provides users wireless network and printing facility
- No matter what device you are using. It is easily compatible with IOs devices like iPad, iPhone, or Android-based smartphones
- You can easily use the facility of scan
- So much to appreciate here, but it just cannot be used with third-party ink.
- If your work is not very valuable, then per page printing may seem really High.
- As compared to other options that are already available on the market, this printer may seem expensive.
3. Epson Stylus C88+
- Automated paper handling: Present
- Includes: Ink cartridges (DURABrite Ultra Pigment)
- Compatibility: Windows and MAC
- Speed: Fast
Epson brand has great products in this category, and our next pick is another Epson printer (Epson Stylus C88+ Inkjet Printer Color).
The reasonable price tag and amazing design elements make Stylus C88+ the best sublimation printer. Use it for business or for home, and it will remain a great choice.
The input tray is single, and the sheet capacity is 120 sheets. Moreover, you can use it with sublimation papers. The DURABrite pigment ink is part of the purchase.
You just can’t stop yourself but notice that the image colors are really vibrant. But, be mindful, it is a different thing. Inkjet printers become sublimation machines by just changing the ink. So, keep this fact in mind.
Moreover, the unit offers automated paper handling. The speed of this ADF is 19 pages/minute. You can also go for borderless printing and increase the level of productivity tenfold due to its extraordinary efficiency feature.
You can easily work with wide banners as it is compatible with wide banners. The measurement for banners can be up to 8.5 inches wide and 44 inches in length.
With this, you can easily be making really efficient and great t-shirt designs.
This is a really common printer among professional designers and photographers, and most probably, they have worked with this best printer to use for sublimation.
It is a viable product for t-shirt sublimation printing due to its color accuracy.
- You get a connectivity option with Epson Stylus C88+.
- With this printer, you can use Pigment-based Ink.
- You can opt for borderless printing with Epson Stylus C88+.
- The process of Cartridge replacement is not much hassle, and you can really easily do it.
- The printer comes in an affordable price range printer which is good for people who need something economical.
- If you are after the design of the machine that is not really heavy and a bit in the compact product range, this is it.
- The speed of this machine is really.
- When you are printing with this printer, you can expect High resolution
- Decent price product
- You may have to use extra ink as compared to other printers
- If you need wireless connectivity, then don’t opt for this printer.
4. SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG500
- Editing software: Present (professional level)
- Image resolution: High-resolution
- Special aspect: Specifically made sublimation printing
- Build: Excellent quality
- Connection: Wifi
- Compatible Devices: Smartphones, PC, Laptops
If converting an inkjet printer into a sublimation printer for t-shirt printing is not your thing, then you can opt for this SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG500.
If you have this question, which sublimation printer is best, the Virtuoso SG500 by SAWGRASS is your answer.
The purchase will also include sublimation paper. This resolution is pretty high for vibrant printed images.
With this resolution quality, you can get good number of pictures per hour approximately, and in case you lower the resolution, even more pictures can be done.
For a small-scale t-shirt printing business, it is the best quality sublimation printer.
Moreover, this product has the mechanism of self-cleaning. Thus, total prevention from paper jamming or clogging issues.
You can utilize creative studio software to produce designs of various types. All these features are already jaw-dropping, but this article has a very solid build quality. You are looking for the best sublimation printing machine for t-shirts, this is it.
It has that classy yet modern style look which makes it even more, a great choice for the best sublimation ink printer.
Furthermore, the printer comes with sublimation inks. As far as the price range is concerned, this might seem a bit pricey option for sublimation printing, but it is directly a sublimation ink printer, and with this machine, you no need to take the hassle of changing inks again and again.
This printer can increase the work efficiencies many times just because of no conversion of inks; just straight away, use it as a sublimation printing machine.
- If you need a warranty, you can opt for SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG500, as it comes with a two-year product warranty.
- Sawgrass has a very good brand reputation in the market. So, using products from Sawgrass can be a good move.
- This printer comes with so many additional things, and Sawgrass print manager is one of those things.
- It is a really durable machine. So, if you need a durable product, you can go with it.
- It is a great printer if you need it for large projects. You can complete your large project with ease on this machine.
- If your buying decision heavily depends on pricing, then this product you may find quite expensive.
5. WorkForce WF-7710
- Technology: Precision Core Technology
- Ink cartridges: Four DURABrite
- Connectivity: Wireless Connectivity
- Speed: High-Speed Printing
We are discussing the top sublimation printers, and we do not include WorkForce WF-7710; it is not possible.
The list will remain incomplete without this best-quality sublimation printer. It is an apt choice for a printed t-shirt startup because the price is reasonable as compared to similar quality products, yet the performance is massive.
If you need professional quality sublimation print work, this machine is just amazing at it. You get this unit with Precision Core technology; it simply means it has a high-density print chip.
Thus, an excellent color accuracy at astonishing speed (40 million dots a second) is a possibility. Any professional person knows how amazing these features are.
Moreover, it offers 500 sheets capacity. You can deliver a large volume of designs. The dimensions are 13×19 inches. If you are willing to do other things like envelopes or different types of papers, you can use the rear tray that comes with it. Thus, it saves time.
It is already the best quality sublimation printer, and it is highly versatile when it comes to the type of things you can print because of the two-sided print mechanism (automatic).
High speed and color accuracy are two of its prominent features. WF-7710 and 7720 are quite similar articles, and they both are amazing choices for a t-shirt business or for other sublimation projects. It is a highly affordable printer without any compromise on quality.
- WorkForce WF-7710 is a great product to buy because its performance is just outclassed.
- Here your use of paper is not limited. You can use Versatile paper
- The functionality is not very tough, and the printer is decent when it comes to functionality
- If you are after High printing resolution and longevity, this is your answer, folks!
- With this printer, you can avail the multifunctional feature
- This printer (WorkForce WF-7710) comes with a Warranty
- The print quality is really notice-worthy, and you get crisp prints here
- You are not stuck, just one sort of connectivity. It provides versatile connectivity solutions
- Speed is quite good
- It is a bit expensive product
- If you are not using it for a highly profitable business, you may find it an expensive option for every print it delivers.
6. Canon Selphy CP1300
- Speed: High
- Resolution: Color256
- Technology: Dye Sublimation
- Extremely Compact
- Construction: Sturdy
Making a list of the best sublimation printers and not adding Canon Selphy CP1300 is impossible. Highly recommended and a great option as the best sublimation printer.
If you are interested in buying a dye sublimation machine for your t-shirt business or even for personal use, you should be considering buying this sublimation printer.
It is that good. As far as the performance is concerned, top-notch performance and still the prices are really pocket-friendly for the list of features that this printer is providing.
It is fast, and most importantly, it is a product for a consumer-grade market segment for dye Sublimation printers.
As we have already mentioned that this printer is fast, but another exciting element of this best sublimation printer is that you can choose.
If you are willing to avail of high-speed mode, go for it. If you are willing to go for high-resolution mode, go for that. It is as simple as this.
The images have clarity and premium quality. In the capacity of a t-shirt sublimation printer, this article has an exceptionally great performance. It has a good screen display (3.2″ LCD).
With Canon Selphy CP1300, you can enjoy Hi-Speed USB. It also offers USB Flash Memory options. Even SD cards and wifi are possible to connect. It is a sturdy and durable option.
It offers excellent image quality. You can avail User-friendly interface, and it comes in a highly affordable price range.
Operating this printer is hassle-free. Moreover, the color accuracy and sharpness of images are really prominent during the print process.
If you are really looking for a compact style printer, this is it. Canon Selphy CP1300 is the right fit. Keeping the price tag in mind, the performance is appealing.
Moreover, Canon Selphy CP1300 should be an obvious choice if you are after speed and great resolution image, and still, you want to keep this business investment within budget.
- Canon Selphy CP1300 can easily provide you with High-quality images
- You can avail Large LCD screen with Canon Selphy CP1300
- So if you are concerned regarding per print cost and you want to keep it in the economic range, this printer is a smart choice for Cheap printing cost
- This printer is a high-speed product. So, if your deciding factor is based on speed, yes, you can go for this Canon Selphy CP1300.
- Pictures are good with printing but not other products
- You cannot use it on various materials, so the medium options are limited.
7. HP OfficeJet Pro 9025
- Connectivity: Wifi
- Speed: Decent
- Use: Simple
The HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 can easily be part of our discussion here as it is the best sublimation inkjet printer that a user can easily use without much hassle. It is from the HP brand. It is a handy printer and a great investment.
Low price and high performance are its most prominent qualities. Just like the other printer option of this HP printer range, this printer is also a great purchase.
With the help of HP OfficeJet Pro 9025, you can easily take the print with full colors.
This best sublimation inkjet printer neither lets you compromise on resolution nor on image quality. This feature helps you the right way when you sublimate a pic.
HP is a brand name that means quality, and when it is a product of HP, you can take it seriously as this brand has strong goodwill on the market. The touch functionality is really good and of high quality.
However, the screen size might not be a very cool feature here for many, but if it does not bother you, then the responsiveness of the screen is good.
Okay, so the setup is not very tough, and even people who are not tech-savvy can easily use it.
It offers a LAN port and two modem ports. It takes a USB Type-B port and a USB Type-A port. Here, you can also utilize the option of wireless connectivity.
Moreover, this product is affordable. Well, it is quite surprising because, with all the options that this unit has to offer, this price tag is quite economical and really a sigh of relief for people who are trying to be on a budget.
- With this printer, you can enjoy high text print quality standard
- Printing Speed is good here
- The running cost is pretty reasonable and quite competitive
- The HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 design is quite compact
- You will get a Duplex tray here
- It is quite space taking product, so if you are looking for a compact design, this printer is not for you.
- Per-use output tray just handles 100 sheets, and that can be a disadvantage for some users.
8. EcoTank ET-4760
- Cartridge-Free Printing: Yes
- Suitable for Sublimation Ink: Yes
- Voice Activation: Present
- Connectivity: Wireless
- Sheet Capacity: 250-Sheets
- LCD Display: 2.4-inch LCD Touchscreen Display
ET-4760 by Epson has the potential and features that we can include in our best sublimation printer discussion.
If you have a budget for buying just one printer, go with Epson EcoTank ET-4760, and you can thank us later. All your sublimation work needs can easily be fulfilled with this printer alone.
This article gives you the facility of wireless printing, and here you can also avail of other features. Increase your productivity level tenfold with this powerful machine.
Here, you will get 250 papers capacity. Hence, producing large volumes in shorter deadlines will not be a problem at all.
Here, you can use the borderless printing feature, and an automatic two-sided printing feature is also present here. So many exciting features and all are just fingertips away.
Moreover, you will get ink tanks Instead of cartridges. These ink tanks are actually quite good, and this printer will remain cost-effective even with day-to-day use. You can simply opt for sublimation ink, and no need to use cartridges.
Okay, so using ink this way can be really-really economical because 1 ink bottle may have more ink than 80 cartridges, so there is no need to think about replacements.
The unit has various cool and interesting features like voice-activated operation, or it can offer you wireless printing.
Using this printer means you do not need to use your hands much, even you can call it a hands-free experience. It is not just smart-looking, compact, and stylish, but also the functionality level is great.
For a t-shirt business environment or where you can require the best sublimation printer, it is your answer. The wireless operation really makes using this printer hassle-free.
This unit is certainly an excellent choice. The very reasonable cost is already a very appealing aspect of it, but these ink bottles and their long-lasting capacity to stay than traditional cartridges are really notice-worthy.
- You can use inexpensive replacement bottles, and that can help you to save money on ink.
- This a great gadget to have at home. Now print all the beautiful photos and design creative things at home without any hassle.
- It can be an amazing gift for people who like crafty or tech-related creative things. This holiday season, gift it to a loved one, they will surely like it as it is a really reasonable gift.
- You can print huge quantities with this printer.
- The wireless connectivity option is not that satisfactory, and this feature needs changes.
9. Epson EcoTank ET-2720
- Cartridge Waste: Zero Cartridge Waste
- Built-in Scanner & Copier: present
- Modern Connectivity: Wireless & hands-free voice-activated printing
If you are interested in just the best sublimation printer options, we have to add Epson EcoTank ET-2720 in it. Epson is a big name in the industry, and there are multiple series of Epson.
The EcoTank series is one of those printer series. WorkForce series is different in terms of ink usage. You don’t need to use ink cartridges in the Workforce.
You will be using ink tanks. These tanks are refillable. Well, if ink use is not an issue for you, you can go for either of these series of printers.
The notice-worthy point is that both printer series you can convert into sublimation printing.
The selection of a printer is not a very simple thing for many buyers, and it may intimidate some. If you are opting for a printer that has a conversion feature, even then, it is better to always convert just the new printer to have a better quality of sublimation printing.
So, if you are buying an EcoTank printer, keep it directly for sublimation projects rather than switching back and forth for both printing methods.
Well, when you are using this printer, you will notice that it comes with a very large capacity for storing ink (Up to 2 years of ink in the box).
It means enough ink to print up to 4,500 pages. So, if you are a regular user, it is the best buy. It has hands-free, voice-activated printing.
Overall, the sublimation printing will be very reasonable with this printer as you will not be spending much on buying new cartridges, which you might have to if you are using other options of a similar printer category.
Here, you will also get a white body, and usually, the outer shell of a printer color should not be a deciding factor, but it is a point that can be considered if it is to decorate or renovate a craft room, and white color scheme can easily go within this kind of settings.
- You can opt for wireless printing with Epson EcoTank ET-2720
- It is quite an economical printer
- You can use voice commands with Epson EcoTank ET-2720
- Here, you can avail of scanning and copying features
- Per print, the cost is quite reasonable
- It is a bit slow
10. Brother MFC-J995DW
- Display: LCD
- Multiple material: Possible
- Connectivity: Wireless/ Ethernet/ NFC connections
- Automatic two-sided printing: Present
- Ink type: High-Capacity ink cartridges
You can declare Brother MFC-J995DW as the Best Printer for Fabric Printing. If you are interested in buying the best sublimation ink printer, you can opt for Brother MFC-J995DW.
It is really an all-in-one inkjet printer. No matter whether you are willing to buy it for personal use/ home use or you are running it a small venture/business, you can opt for this printer.
Moreover, this printer is all about some of the great features like when you are using it, you can use a printer, scanner, and even a Fax machine.
It is literally providing you a combination of various modern era gadgets all in one single unit. This printer is a big yes for productivity and convenience.
If you are in a business model of sublimation printing, you are in luck if you have this all-in-one unit. Thermal and heat press image printing business and this best sublimation printer can go very well together.
It is a cost-effective and budget-friendly product, and there is no doubt about it. Brother MFC-J995DW means you have high-capacity ink cartridges, and still, the cost remains within budget as compared to other modern printers that have similar features.
You may have to pay extra cost and maintenance price for the same features and quality that you can avail at a much lesser price with this best sublimation printer.
Furthermore, you can enjoy automatic two-sided printing with this machine. It is a modern unit, so you can avail yourself of wireless connectivity with this printer.
Even printing via Ethernet/ NFC connections is also a possibility. Here, you will also be getting a great LCD display. The display screen size is 2.7-inch. It is a touchscreen LCD. Thus, it has good controls.
No matter you would like to use it for vinyl/ sublimation/photo printing, start it and get your work done.
Another interesting thing with this printer is that you can choose printing among different options. You do not need to limit just to the paper or sublimation paper printing.
You can even opt for fabric or some other relevant material for your printing task.
Even every image or print quality is glossy and of high standards. Plus, this glossy effect will be there for larger sizes of prints too.
If you are concerned about fine details and well-saturated colors, you do not need to worry because here, you can get the right/attractive textures of photos without losing any fine details. So, a total win-win.
- Printing quality is quite nice with Brother MFC-J995DW
- You can easily maintain ink levels
- Ink price is not too much and quite reasonable
- You have the facility to use a USB thumb drive or SD card with Brother MFC-J995DW.
- Two-side printing is not automatic in this printer. So, if you are looking for a printer that automatically prints on the double side, do not opt for this printer.
- Bit slow speed
11. Canon 9856B002AA
- High speed printing
- Sub-ink tank system
- Economy print mode
- Precision printing
- Status monitor
Canon 9856B002AA comes under the category of Inkjet Printers. It has great speed to offer to its users. Canon 9856B002AA comes under the affordable sublimation printers.
If you are looking for high performance and easy to use machine, you have to have this printer.
Canon 9856B002AA offers great features and it can easily compete with other products of this range. It can literally print in record speed.
The print area is around 36 inch which is another noticeable thing.
Moreover, the quality of posters still remains amazing. Canon itself compares its speed feature with other brands on the market.
This printer provides great color consistency. You have to check out this Canon printer if you are willing to buy a sublimation printer with number 1 features.
However, it cannot print on things like fabric or other stuff that you may be expecting from a sublimation printer.
So, for users who are looking for a printer that can print on fabric, this printer might not be a good option.
You can just use papers and paper films with this Canon 9856B002AA.
We cannot deny that some of its advanced features are really cool like it has status mode and eco-mode. So, it is a reliable product.
You can opt for large print or simply if you have a t-0shirt business, this printer is a good buy.
- The prints quality is really good here with Canon 9856B002AA
- Canon 9856B002AA is a Durable product
- The ink for this printer is not very much expensive
- You get internal software with this printer
- Well, this printer does not have many disadvantages, but it comes with so many features. So if you are looking for less number of features, you can opt for a relatively simple printer.
12. Epson EcoTank ET-15000
- Compatible Devices: PC, Laptops
- Connectivity Technology: Wi-Fi
- Printing Technology: Inkjet
A widespread myth is printers are expensive, and if you are not a very frequent user, the ink will dry, and these printers just need to refill all the time.
Well, hang on, you may have not heard yet about Epson EcoTank ET-15000 Sublimation Printer (best sublimation printer).
The ink is in EcoTank bottles. This is an amazing change. Well, cartridges do dry up if you are not a frequent user, but Epson EcoTank ET-15000 has already changed the game as it is totally on another level due to its special and modern bottle design for refilling.
Ink refilling status can be checked through a digital indicator, or you can observe ink levels.
ET-15000 is really a great product for creative entrepreneurs and business owners. If you have your own printing setup, this product is a must-have. It is highly suitable if you are in t-shirt and clothes printing (individual articles).
However, do not forget to notice that the cost is a bit expensive, so if you are running a business, it is all good, but for home/personal use, this printer is a bit expensive. Print t-shirts with this sublimation printer EcoTank ET-15000.
You can use any sublimation ink brand. However, good quality brands work better with this article.
So, get ready and do some best-quality sublimation prints. You will also get faxing/ scanning/ copying facilities that add some more points when it comes to buying decisions.
- You can easily replace sublimation inks in Epson EcoTank ET-15000
- No ink wastage happens here because of its sufficient mechanism
- Very productive product.
- As compared to other printers, here, you can save around 90% ink. Quite reasonable when it comes to ink use
- 80 standard ink cartridges are equal to 1 ink set with Epson EcoTank ET-15000
- This printer is not beginner-friendly. It can be tough for users who are very experienced.
13. Epson SureColor T3170
- Compatible Devices: PC, Smartphones, Tablets
- Technology: Inkjet
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, USB
Usually, printers give you the opportunity to go for various materials, but what about larger formats. So, here is the answer. This Epson SureColor T3170 Printer is for large formats. You can opt for even 24 inches.
If you have a project that needs A1 or A3 printing sizes, yes, this is your answer. It is a high-speed performing device with great quality printing output.
You merely need around less than 40 seconds to print an A-1 size (according to the producers). If speed is your main concern, this is your product.
Note: You cannot use it directly on the garment. It is better if you go for papers than for the other steps.
It is a unit for designers/ architects/ engineers/ small business owners. Epson has done an amazing job by launching this product that mainly targets large printing projects.
Moreover, it has wider cartridges. Thus, better ink flow is also present. It comes with the Precision Core MicroTFP. So, your every print can have color consistency.
It is a great product but not for versatile sublimation printer option. So, you may feel disappointed other than that it is a great option if versatility is not an issue and large formats are your main concern.
- You can easily print larger formats with Epson SureColor T3170.
- 24-inch prints are possible here
- Yes, you can print A1 or A3 printing sizes
- Amazing print quality
- Great product for professional users or small setup businesses
- Cartridges are wider
- Ink flow is good
- Precision Core MicroTFP is present
- It cannot be used directly on garments
Things to Consider before buying the Sublimation Printer
For people, it is usually not a very simple decision to buy a sublimation printer. The research can take longer than usual.
So many brands are available on the market, and it can be a tough call for many.
Luckily, here in this section, we are going to cover FAQs that will cover all the answers that you should know if you are going to buy a Sublimation Printer.
Here you go…
What should be the Print Media Size?
If you are working with t-shirts or other large prints, try to opt for more than an 8.5″ x 14.” Printing size is really important to consider before you start the print. So, do check it.
What is the right Print Speed?
When you are buying a printer, do consider the speed of that machine. Using a fast printer can increase your productivity level and save a lot of time.
However, it does not mean that you should avoid the quality of the prints. A speedy machine with a very low quality of the print is not good at all. So, a good speed printer that can produce good quality.
Which option is best for Print Volume?
If you are running a business or you have a deadline to meet, speed can come in handy. So, opt for a printer that can either produce good quality in volumes in less time or go for printers that can perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
How many Ink colors are good?
Well, it depends on which printer you are selecting and what the task is. Normally, printers are four-color type. However, for complex projects, opt for six-color or eight-color ink. Usually, professionals also opt for these types when high-quality work is the requirement.
What should be the Print Resolution?
Opt for high-resolution providing printers. DPI is for density, clarity, and sharpness. Usually, 300 DPI is more than enough, but even better results you may go for 1200 DPI.
Sublimation printers are already quite pricey. Thus, go for good quality image resolution rather than substandard quality print resolution.
What type of ink is required in printers?
Ink Used by Dye Sublimation Printers can easily be washed and are not very durable. Only opt for this ink used when you are tight on budget or the project is small and not a very relevant one.
Pigment-based inks are a bit expensive, but they can perform far better than a regular ink-based printer, and they are waterproof or resistant to humidity.
All the printers are great, and it really comes down to personal preference and work requirements. Here, in this article, we have covered all the best options that you can really opt for, and now, we are going to also discuss our three best picks among all the products that we have discussed so far.
Suggestion #1: Epson EcoTank ET-2720
If your decision is to opt for Epson EcoTank Et-2720. It is a great option, and we highly suggest it but do pay attention to all the features.
It is obviously possible that it may lack 1 or 2 of your requirements or it can have even better features than your requirements. So, take our advice but also check yourself features of Epson EcoTank ET-2720.
Suggestion #2: Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet
In this race of which sublimation printer is best, our second pick is Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet. This article of Epson brand is try-worthy.
You can invest in this unit if you are running a business and your main focus is outstanding performance, but you are looking for an option that is beginner-friendly too.
You have a creative business, and you need a good bargain. Here you go.
Suggestion #3: HP OfficeJet Pro 9025
If you have this question, what is the best sublimation printer option, this third option might fit into the answer.
Highly recommended with great consumer experience HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 is an investment-worthy printer.
Note: we have tried our best to collect and share the best piece of information with our valuable readers, but still, we suggest you complete your research before making any buying decision.
So, you can get the most amazing experience for your money. Make a decision on the basis of what is best for you and, among all these options, which sublimation printer is the best fit for your situation.
Best of Luck, happy buying…