As the craze for customizing the variety of items by sublimation is increasing, the demand for different types of sublimation printers is rising.
Because not only on a commercial basis but people are also using sublimation printing techniques for running a business on a small scale or large scale.
But, now, the hype for sublimating various materials is also increasing in the people who love art.
Therefore, the most important question for beginners is that what is the best sublimation printer for beginners?
No doubt, as the demand is increasing, the supply of the latest and advanced sublimation printer is influencing the market.
In the last couple of years, it’s getting popular around the world due to vibrant and sharp printing results.
However, these amazing printers are useful not only for businesses, but you can use a sublimation printer for artwork and DIY.
With lots of good brands, you may get confused but always select the sublimation printer as per your needs and work requirements.
As a beginner, you should not buy any large and complicated printer; prefer to choose the simply operated sublimation printer that is budget-friendly.
Later on, when you get the command, you can upgrade the printer or replace it with an advanced one.
Here in this guide, we are going to disclose the variety of sublimation printers for beginners with a detailed description.
Actually, you can easily search online if you are confused, such as the best entry-level sublimation printer, best sublimation printer for a hobby, best sublimation printer for personal use, best home sublimation printer, best laser printer for sublimation, best A3 sublimation printer, and best A4 sublimation printer.
Now let’s dive a little deeper and get the whole detail about the best sublimation printer for a beginner.
Recommendation # 1
- Easy use
Recommendation # 2
- 90% Save Ink
- Good Quality
Recommendation # 3
- 2-Year Warranty
What is the best sublimation printer for beginners?
Now, here we going to provide you the list of the best beginner sublimation printer that you need for your artwork on a variety of materials like fiber, ceramic, and glass to customize the item and decor home.
Best Sublimation Printer for Beginners
|1.||Epson EcoTank ET-2720|
|2.||Epson WorkForce WF-7710|
|3.||Epson WorkForce WF-7720|
|4.||Epson EcoTank ET-15000|
|5.||Epson EcoTank Photo ET-8550|
|6.||Sawgrass SG500 Sublimation Printer|
1. Epson EcoTank ET-2720
- Printing technology: Inkjet
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi
- Sheet size: A4, A5, A6, half letter,4 * 6,5 * 7
- Function: Print, scan, copy
- Display screen: 1.5 inches
- Dimension: height 6.9, width14.7, depth 13.6
If you truly want amazing sublimation prints results on your shirts, mugs, and sublimation blanks so must choose the Epson Ecotank ET-2720.
The most important point about Eco Tank is that you save a lot of money. If you are using a printer for business purposes, you have almost 2 years of replacement of the ink bottles.
Simply your overall cost of printing automatically decreases. So go with Eco Tank Et-2720 and save money.
Features of Epson EcoTank ET-2720
- When you use a printer with genuine Epson ink, it gives you an amazing result. Its feature precision core technology provides a high-quality result.
- It is very economical because it saves up to 90 % ink replacement cost. The replacement ink is almost 80% of the standard ink cartage, so it affects the overall ink cost.
- By using your Smartphone, iPad, and laptop, you can easily access the wireless printer and take prints.
- With the great features, you also get 2 years warranty on the printer.
- By using the printer, you can complete multi-tasks. It provides the facility to complete a wide range of work.
- It provides you the excellent print quality printing cost is very low and a very economical printer.
- Support Wi-Fi connectivity, easily connect to mobile
- Easy and fast ink replacement to sublimation ink.
- Provide you ecofit design, a feature of replacement, and color filling.
- The printer can scan only one page at a time and has low paper capacity.
- It may be quite complex to use initially.
Its features are compelling. It’s economical to buy and very easy to set up. If, as a beginner, you want a versatile printer so go with Epson ET-2720. The only downside is that up to 100 pages capacity; otherwise, it’s the best option for beginners.
2. Epson WorkForce WF-7710
- Printing technology: Inkjet
- Special feature: Auto-duplex
- Connectivity: USB, Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet
- Compatible devices: PC, laptop
- Recommended uses: home, office
In the list of best sublimation printers for beginners, we include most of the Epson sublimation printers because of their amazing results.
No doubt, the best quality of Epson WorkForce WF-7710 is that you need to put very little effort to work with it, and also, this sublimation printer consumes very little power.
This is the best choice, especially for those who have just started the sublimation printing business and want to invest a small amount for running a business, additionally, for those beginners who want to upgrade the business with new ideas and techniques.
By using WorkForce WF-7710, you can easily print a larger scan in a few minutes because of its unique paper handling technique. So, it’s the least expensive printer with high quality.
Feature of Epson WorkForce WF-7710:
- It’s an A3 printer that offers sublimation and helps you to work effortlessly with the precision core technique. It provides print shop quality with a borderless print.
- It’s a fast, reliable, and efficient A3 double-sides printing model. It’s easy to use with its 10.9 cm touch screen. It has a versatile paper handling option with a 250 sheets tray and a rear feeder with a 125 sheet output tray.
- Its best choice for home and small businesses, it provides duplex printing, faxing, and scanning facilities. You get high-quality laser-like prints.
- Because of wireless and Wi-Fi connectivity, your work becomes very easy, and you can also take print from Ethernet and NFC. It minimizes the per-page cost due to the laser model. As compared to any laser printer, useless power is up to 80%.
- You can easily scan the 11 by 17 inches with its double sides auto document feeder. Its tray has a capacity of 250 sheets. If you are working on a high-volume application, it has extra-large and high-capacity ink cartridges.
- Very low print cost
- Due to touch screen working is very easy
- You get the borderless print
- Its function includes printing, scanning and copy and fax
- Possibility of print head clogging.
- Required more amount of ink for high-quality printing.
The most permanent feature of Epson Workforce is that it takes prints of large size of promotional flyers and spreadsheets. By touch screen, easy access to may function. So as a beginner it can be your good choice.
3. Epson WorkForce WF-7720
- Printing technology: Inkjet
- Special feature: Auto-duplex
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Ethernet
- Compatible devices: Pc, laptop
- Dimension: Height 16.5, width 22.3, depth17.8inches
- Display screen size: 4.3 inches
- Input tray capacity: 500 pages
Here we include the most efficient and economical sublimation printer of Epson for the beginners’ guide. If you want to get a great experience of sublimation printing so, choose the Epson WorkForce wF-7720.
When you use the Epson ink with this printer, you get amazing printing results. As compared to another laser Printer, it is more economical uses very less power for printing.
It has a capacity of up to 500 sheets with dual trays. Its other qualities make it more attractive, like wireless printing and networking, so you can easily take a printout from smartphones and tablets.
Features of Epson WorkForce WF-7720:
- Automatic duplex printing option creates sharp documents photos with precision core print head technology.
- Standers copy features are available. Other options are color, black and white copy, and fax option. Almost all common paper formats you can print.
- An excellent touch screen of 4.3 inches with easy icons to operate and easy functions handling.
- It’s a surely well-designed and well-built printer. Two paper trays are available and have a capacity of 250 sheets of size 13 by 19 inches of paper.
- It is really easy to print out from tablets and smartphones and directly from Wi-Fi. It provides wireless networking. Epson’s’ iPrint app is excellent in that you can print, copy and scan directly from Epson’s app.
- It can print 13 by 19 inches pages easily.
- It can scan and copy many pages of two sides up to 11 by 17.
- It has many connectivity options that are so easy to use.
- It has a low cost per page.
- The accuracy of colors is not good.
- Slow speed of printing, the per-page cost is high.
It is a good choice if you are searching printer for 13 by 19 prints. It’s truly a well-built, solid printer. Its per-page cost is a bit high, but it is specific with 13 by 19 so go with WF-7720. At this cost, it’s not a bad option.
4. Epson EcoTank ET-15000
- Printing technology: Inkjet
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi
- Compatible devices: PC, laptop
- Recommended uses: Home, Office
- Sheet size: 11 by 17
- Dimension: Height 9.4, width 17.7, depth 14.0inches
- Display screen: 2.6 inches touch screen
If you are planning to change your current sublimation printer with an advanced version and the main reason behind the replacement of the sublimation printer is that it consumes more ink, and you are fad up to fill the ink frequently.
So definitely, the Epson Eco Tank ET-15000 will be a great choice. The best point of the Eco tank is that it consumes very little ink and provides you the high-quality printing results.
And another plus point is that the replacement of ink bottles is really low cost. This Eco Tank provides the facility of A4 prints, scans, copy, and also the A3 print facility at a very low cost. It does all jobs quickly, with quick prints and scans.
Feature of Epson Eco Tank ET-15000:
- The performance of this Eco Tank uses precisionCore technology to give a high-quality performance. This is the number one best-selling super tank of Epson. It has a great super tank system that uses four ink tanks.
- It has an LCD screen which makes it easy to take a printout without a PC. This Eco Tank provides the facility of A3 print and also has an option of A4 print.
- The best feature of this Eco Tank is that because of its large tank, you don’t feel the need for any cartridge. It decreases the cost of ink cost up to 90%, which is another plus point of Eco Tank.
- You can do several tasks with this Eco Tank easily. The best features are a heat-free precision core print head, high speed, reliability, and efficiently completing your task perfectly.
- When you are using Eco Tank, it’s easy to take print from laptop, mobile, and tablet. You can also send documents to print from smart devices with the help of the given option Epson iPrint app. It can be the best sublimation laser printer.
- It is very easy to change the ink sublimate inks
- The wastage of ink is zero while working.
- Its productivity is very high.
- Up to 90% saving on overall ink usage cost such a print cost decrease.
- It gives remarkable output quality and voice assistance.
- As a beginner, it may be a bit complex to use for sublimation but once you practice, it can get easy.
Epson Eco Tank ET-15000 is a perfect choice for you. If you are a beginner in sublimation printing, you must go with it. It’s economical and a great ink saver, so it affects the printing cost, and the ink replacement feature makes it unique.
5. Epson EcoTank Photo ET-8550
- Printing technology: inkjet
- Connectivity: USB
- Compatible devices: PC, Smartphone
- Sheet size: A3, A4, A6.half letter, legal letter
- Display screen: 4.3 inches
If you don’t have a big budget and as a beginner, you are searching best at-home sublimation printer, so you must go to Epson Eco Tank Photo Et-8550.
At a very affordable price, it decreases the printing cost by up to 80%. So you avail the facility of cartridge-free printing, which provides you high-quality photos and graphics with amazing results.
The replacement of the ink bottles is up to 2 years till that time you can print properly.
Features of Epson EcoTank Photo ET-8550
- Its some features make it unique such as lab-quality photos, graphics, in house photo printing creative projects. You can complete all tasks perfectly.
- Its cartridge-free feature and no refilling mess. The premium color system prints vibrant colors and make your project colors sharper and brighter.
- You can easily use each bottle set of ink for up to 2 years.
- The best point is that you can save up to 80% on ink with replacement ink bottles.
- It provides you wireless connectivity facility. It has a capacity of up to 120 sheets and has a touch screen control panel.
- It gives you lab-quality photos and graphics with amazing results.
- It decreases your ink cost up to 80%, indirectly lowering the cost of printing.
- It has a wide range of connectivity options.
- As compared to another printer, it’s 13 by 19 small size footprint easy to adjust.
- It’s a bit expensive as compared to other Epson printers.
So if you are searching to have a high-quality photo and graphics printer, it’s the best choice. However, its features cartridge-free printing, touch display, and wireless connectivity make it more ideal for beginners. So you can neglect its cost with lots of qualities.
6. Sawgrass SG500 Sublimation Printer
- Printing technology: Sublijet-UHD
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi
- Compatible devices: Pc, Smartphone, laptop
- Special feature: duplex automated
If you want to have a sublimation printer with UHD ink so you may be like this product of Sawgrass. The Sawgrass sublimation printers are available in the market with 2 years of warranty, but the warranty covers the hardware defect only, and it also provides partner plus support.
Now the rising brand name in the sublimation printing world is Sawgrass; because of its best quality product now, we are introducing its product to the best sublimation printer list.
Features of Sawgrass SG500 Sublimation Printer
- This printer gives you the exceptional results of sublimation on various materials. It can easily work on different types of polymers perfectly.
- Because of its size, it’s really easy to fit on your desktop. It has Wi-Fi connectivity; its wireless set is simple and makes work easy. Additionally, Sawgrass provides 2 years warranty.
- By using SG 500, you can create a design with SubliJet-UHD sublimate for a long time. After many washes, the color doesn’t fade.
- You can also print the documents. It gives vibrant colors on different materials and paper.
- When you get a Sawgrass printer you have three options of inks like SubliJet-UHD, siser Easysubli, and ChromalBlast-UHD. Its bypass-optional tray can feed up to 51 inches sheet through the bypass tray.
- The best quality to use Sublijet-UHD ink.
- It has creative studio software.
- Sawgrass provides two years warranty and partner support as well.
- Sublijet-UHD provides the vibrant transfer of dye on various materials, even hard and soft surfaces.
- This ink you cannot use to sublimate cotton shirts.
It is the best option for beginners, and as a hobby, you can select SG 500. It can be the best hobby sublimation printer best for customized artwork because of its size, it is easily adjustable on a desktop.
No doubt Sawgrass sublimation printer is a good choice and fulfils many needs, and provides you with a complete package.
Sublimation Printer Buying Guideline for Beginners:
Here are a few points that you should keep in mind when going to buy a sublimation printer because as a beginner if you buy any complicated sublimation printer, it will be really difficult to operate initially:
- The printer can print the material that you want to sublimate.
- Check the printing method and options. Some printer prints directly. Some need a heat press.
- If you want high-quality prints, check the printer resolution.
- Must check the connectivity options like Wi-Fi direct and USB.
- Search the market according to your price range and try to buy the best sublimation printer with many options.
Can we use any printer for sublimation?
No, you need a sublimation printer for sublimation to take quality prints. You also need sublimation ink and sublimation paper to transfer the design to any material. So the ordinary printer can’t sublimate any surface.
What things you can sublimate by using a sublimation printer as a beginner?
If you are just started sublimation printing and want to sublimate various items so you can easily sublimate, t-shirts, mugs, tumblers, pillow covers, key chains, and lots of other sublimation blanks are available online for sublimation printing.
What is the cheapest sublimation printer with good options?
There are many brands which are providing good quality sublimation printers. But if you are asking about the best cheapest so go with the Epson Ecotank ET-2720. It can be the best sublimation home printer.
Which sublimation printer is better, an Epson or Sawgrass?
It is very difficult to take the name of one brand because both brands are providing good quality sublimation printers with their area of expertise. It depends upon you which is better for your needs. Epson printers are cheap and have the capability of multi-tasking. Sawgrass printer is a bit expensive, and the main focus is sublimation printing. If you have multi-tasks to do, go with Epson, and if you want a sublimation printer for business purposes, Sawgrass is a good choice.
What is the best HP laser printer for sublimation?
If you specifically want HP, so HP LaserJet can be the best choice; its best for home offices and small space.
Can you use a laser printer for sublimation?
No, you can’t use a laser printer for sublimation. Sublimation is a quite different technique to dye the surfaces where solids particles change into gaseous form and transfer print.
Suggestion #1: Sawgrass SG500 Sublimation Printer
It is just an amazing option for beginners and people do sublimation as a hobby, really easy to use and full of amazing features. A must buy product.
Suggestion #2: Epson EcoTank ET-15000
The second recommendation is Epson EcoTank ET-15000 because it is not only economical but it will also be easy for you to change inks. The print quality is good too.
Suggestion #3: Epson EcoTank ET-2720
Beginner friendly, fast results and a very economical option. This third recommendation is another exciting purchase if you are tight on budget and still want to buy an amazing product. Go for this one.
If we summarize all the above key points, we provide the detail of all the best sublimation printers for beginners.
Even if you are searching for a sublimation printer for business purposes or for home, the given list and detail will really help you. In this article, we provide you with a list of the best printers, not even a list but also the description, features, pros, and cons.
No doubt, there are lots of sublimation printers available on the market, and you are confused about making a decision.
We hope the above-detailed article will surely help you to buy a sublimation printer as per your needs. Certainly, Epson and Sawgrass are providing good quality sublimation printers according to the consumers’ needs.
So, check the list, read our recommendations and select the best sublimation printer for yourself and start the journey of sublimation printing.